As if I didn’t know I wasn’t in the right job field with all
the wonderful experiences I’ve had so far Tuesday solidified it again. On Tuesday,
it was one of my favorite activity days of the week. It was a DAPE day, which
is the adapted gym that some students who qualify go to. In class, they were
going to be dancing. Their teacher had found numerous YouTube videos that had
Just Dance songs and people doing the movements on the screen. Their directions
were to try and keep up with the people on the screen or just dance in any way
they felt. It was so heart whelming to see them all do their own dance moves. They
did a great job actually keeping up with the people in the video. The other
adults and I in the gym were very impressed. It was so cute to watch the girl I
para with and another little boy twirl each other in circles. It was fun for me
to watch the girl I para with be so excited to sing and dance because it is
something she really enjoys doing. It is usually what she ends up doing in gym
when there is music on even when she’s not supposed to, but we don’t complain
because at least she’s moving. It is always a great feeling to have my job
choice solidified!
No comments:
Post a Comment