This morning when I got to work, you could totally tell that today was going to be warm. When I walked into school, all I saw was kids in shorts, sweatshirts, and some had flip flops. You could tell they were as ready for this weather as most of us are. I too broke out my flip flops for the first time yesterday, but wore them today as well. They had such an excitement to go outside that hasn't been seen since the fall when it was still nice. Usually at recess, there are at least 2 kids that come up to me and ask how much time is left because it is too cold out. Today, I did not have one single kid come up to me and ask how much time was left outside. They were all off playing in the now dried out, for the most part, grass and running around having a ball. When the whistle blew, there was a lot of complaining and asking to stay outside. The class I am in for the most part of the day went back outside for gym and again during their reading work time. I too had some free time at the end of the day so I again went back outside to enjoy the sunshine. Needless to say, I soaked up a lot of sunshine today and it felt amazing outside! I can't wait until the warm weather is here to stay and I can go swimming and lay outside! I hope it is around the corner to stay, but with Mother Nature anything is possible.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Lovely Weather
This morning when I got to work, you could totally tell that today was going to be warm. When I walked into school, all I saw was kids in shorts, sweatshirts, and some had flip flops. You could tell they were as ready for this weather as most of us are. I too broke out my flip flops for the first time yesterday, but wore them today as well. They had such an excitement to go outside that hasn't been seen since the fall when it was still nice. Usually at recess, there are at least 2 kids that come up to me and ask how much time is left because it is too cold out. Today, I did not have one single kid come up to me and ask how much time was left outside. They were all off playing in the now dried out, for the most part, grass and running around having a ball. When the whistle blew, there was a lot of complaining and asking to stay outside. The class I am in for the most part of the day went back outside for gym and again during their reading work time. I too had some free time at the end of the day so I again went back outside to enjoy the sunshine. Needless to say, I soaked up a lot of sunshine today and it felt amazing outside! I can't wait until the warm weather is here to stay and I can go swimming and lay outside! I hope it is around the corner to stay, but with Mother Nature anything is possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment