Monday, April 21, 2014
Easter Weekend
Like I said in my last post, one of my favorite parts about the holidays is family time. Both my siblings were home for Easter Weekend. We enjoyed lots of games, a little picking on each other and lots of time with our dog, Jaxson. My favorite part of the weekend, besides spending time with each other, was definitely dying Easter eggs. Dying eggs will always be one of my favorite things to do during this holiday, not matter how old I am. It used to be just traditional dying of eggs that we do, but now we try new ways to dye them. This year one of our options was a tye dying eggs kit. These eggs turned out very cool and were a lot more fun to work on than sitting watching your eggs color. We also tried ones where you used a paint brush to put color on the egg. They turned out to be very vibrant with colors as well. I'm sad the holiday is over, but that means we are that much closer to summer and even better yet the end of another semester of college. At this point, I'm not sure which one I'm more excited for, but they can both definitely come fast, as time already seems to be flying anyways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would love to know where the tradition of dying eggs began. We celebrate Easter as a family every year, but egg-dying was never something we really got into and maybe that's why I'm so intrigued by it. I can definitely appreciate an elaborately colored object, but the use of an egg seems so random. Is it a play on the whole "Easter Bunny" thing? I'm curious if anyone in your family ever explained the meaning behind it to you (if there even is one) or if it was just a fun holiday activity.
ReplyDelete