Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Winter Games



Today, at my lab hour’s site I got to do a Physical Education lesson with the students. I had made a PowerPoint beforehand to share with them. Since they are learning and having their own little Olympics games at school, I thought it would be fun to practice some of the games indoors. The PowerPoint included pictures, the name of the events, and the equipment used. They first saw the name and picture and I asked them to see if they could guess what it was called. I included skiing, bobsleigh, curling, figure skating, and hockey. We did the motions that they would do in each event. It was fun to teach the children more about each one of the games. It was a good way to get them out of their seats and moving. They listened very well and were able to settle back down when we were finished with all of our events. After we finished, we talked about the events they had already watched at home on TV. There were many students who had already watched some and many who wanted to go home and ask their parents if they could watch some. They were very excited to show mom and dad what they had learned about the games at school. It was a good way to start their school Olympics as well as they are starting tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment