Well my 21st birthday is over just as fast as
February seems to have flown by. My two siblings came up on Friday and braved
the weather. It was a great weekend playing cards, shopping, and just chatting
with them. They both haven’t been home at the same time since Christmas so it’s
always nice to have them both back home. On Sunday, for my birthday we went out
for a family dinner at Zorbaz so I could at least have one drink on my actual
birthday. It was quite funny to see the look on the bartenders face when she
was looking at my ID, my wonderful yellow papers, and at my face. She really
couldn’t believe I was 21. When my brother and I went back for our second
drink, it was a different bartender, who also couldn’t believe I was 21. I
jokingly asked if he wanted to see my yellow papers, but he said he’d take the
other bartenders word for it since she had already checked it. It was a weird
feeling knowing that I’m old enough to drink in public now, but it is also a freeing
feeling. I’m excited for this next weekend so I can have a little fun with some
friends at the bar since I’m finally 21! :)
Happy belated Birthday!! Awh how fun, I missed those time. I remember I had so much fun on my 21st bday. My birthday always land on the King Turkey Day Parade. Its like a festival that our town held every year where the turkey race downtown with another turkey. It's fun because I see old faces from school and childhood friends. They all come into town to celebrate the even too. Now you can go clubbing and everything too. Your still young, there will be many fun times coming yet for you to celebrate with being 21. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! That happened to my sister before only she was 23!! We went to a bar and the bouncer didn't believe she was 21. He thought her ID was fake because she has used the same picture since she was 15 (in AZ your license doesn't expire until you are 65). The bouncer made her call me to see if her name would show up when she called to make sure it was really her. I didn't have that exciting of a 21st birthday either. I was visiting someone in the hospital and went to the bar at 12:30 am so that I could get one drink in on my birthday as well.
ReplyDelete