Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Man's Best Friend

You know the saying "A dog is a man's best friend."? Well I completely agree that this saying is true! When I was 7 years old, we got our first dog. My brother and I were saving money for a trampoline when my aunt's dog had puppies. Her dog, KC, had had 3 poodle puppies, all boys. It took a little twisting of my parent's arms to talk them into letting us have one, but it was one of the best decisions we ever made! We got the middle colored puppy and named him Brady. He was a hyper, sweetheart of a dog. I'm happy to say we had 10 wonderful years with full of memories. Then came the hard decision of putting him down. He didn't have a great quality of life at the end and even though it was VERY hard, we knew it was for the best. Going from having a friend greet you every time you come home to not having anyone do that is the worst part about it. We let our hearts heal and hold memories close with us still today.

It took us a year to decide to get another dog. My mom gave me the go ahead to start looking. Little did she know I'd find a dog within minutes and he was even pretty close to Alexandria! We arranged to meet the puppy and when we did, he melted our hearts! We debated and debated about names and agreed that if he had a long name it had to have a good nickname since he's just a little guy. We decided to name our cute, little malti-poo (maltese poodle) Jaxson and call him Jaxs for short. Coming home to a waggling tail and puppy kisses is one joy of him. Even though we've only had him for 8 months, he's leaving us memories to last a lifetime! I look forward to the many years ahead with have with this precious boy! These two boys are the reason I believe the quote "A dog is a man's best friend." They are always by your side and know how to brighten up your day, even when you're down.

The picture up to the right is Brady, who is a toy poodle. The picture below is Jaxson, who is a malti-poo.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about dogs being great! When I was young we had a couple of dogs and it is always hard to lose them. I can't wait until I have an actual house to be able to have another dog. My sister is a complete cat person (she even subscribes to a crazy cat lady site on Facebook) and she just got a little dog and I think it turned her into more of a dog person (even though she won't admit it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I remember when Brady was going through hard times and it truly broke my heart. I also remember when you told me about him and how he was going to be put down. I remember going through the same thing with my cat Chloe in Texas. She had kidney failure and was doing really bad. Sometimes putting them down,even though it is the hardest decision ever is the best decision for them because we really don't know how much pain they are actually going through. I am glad that you have Jaxson now because he is a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete