This week I am finalizing the plans for my lab placement for one of my classes. Last semester and every other semester, we were letting the school choose where we were going to do our hours. This semester, is the only exception where we have to find our own. This may sound like an easy task, but with all the people you have to go through, it becomes tedious. You have to wait to hear from someone and then another person and another before you even know if you will be allowed to go there for your lab hours. Luckily, I can do them in the district in which I work. I work at the high school so I asked one of the teachers to help get me in contact with some of the kindergarten teachers. I found one willing to take me on. I am finalizing dates and times to go into the classroom. I'm very excited to start as kindergarten is one of the possibilities I want to pursue when I'm finished with my 4 year degree in Early Childhood Education. There are many opportunities for me during my hours to lead various group activities. I'm also glad I don't have to drive an hour just to get my hours in. I can drive 10 minutes at most, depending on traffic, to get my hours done.
I took kindergarten methods last semester and LOVED it! It was one of my favorite classes. Everything about the class was so useful and I saved so much for future use. My dream is to become a kindergarten teacher so that is probably why I loved the class so much. I actually liked finding my own placement because some of the kids I babysit for had an amazing kindergarten teacher that I new would be more than willing to take me in. Good luck with the class :)
ReplyDeleteThe education department has its' perks but its' run arounds as well. I feel this is the field where you really practice your own advocacy. I'm glad you were able to find the right connections to help you get through. Patience is not my greatest virtue but being involved in this profession requires plenty of it :) It gives me good practice. Good luck on everything! Hope all goes well for you.
ReplyDelete