Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's the Little Things in Life

My job is one that is very rewarding. It comes with working along side of children with special needs. Two times a week, I'm lucky enough to be able to take the girl I one on one para with to DAPE, which is their adapted gym class. This is a time where about 10 students get together and get to be comfortable with their abilities. The amount of excitement they get over their accomplishments is one we should all have. Today, they were all encouraging to each other and helping one another along the way. While they were playing duck, duck, gray duck, one of the boys was running around the circle and asked if he could give me a kiss. It was so adorable and I said yes and received my kiss on the arm. To see him get so happy over such a small gesture is something we all need to remember. We sometimes get consumed in life that we forget about the small things that happen. I think each and every day we need to take some time and smell the roses. The little things can add up to big things and can also mean more to the other person as well. I love my job and can't wait to continue down the road with my career and more opportunities arise to work with such great children!


No comments:

Post a Comment